Due to aging, stress, and some genetic problems, some deformations may occur in our skin. Hardening and wrinkling of the skin, aging of the skin and deterioration in facial contours are the most common deformations that occur in the body over time. Of course, it is possible to overcome these situations with medical aesthetic interventions. People with such complaints can have a better appearance as a result of repairing the deformation in the relevant area thanks to various filling applications.
What are Filling Applications?
First of all, filling and botox applications are different processes. In Botox treatment, protein is injected into the related area, while in filling applications, hyaluronic acid is injected into the problematic areas. Filling applications are an effective solution for filling fine wrinkles, pits, light or moderate lines around the mouth and nose on the face.
As people age, there is a decrease in the ratio of elastin tissue, collagen, and hyaluronic acid in the skin. In filling applications, the decreased hyaluronic acid is supplemented with small needles. Hyaluronic acid has a gel consistency due to its structure. It is preferred for filling the subcutaneous tissues and thus, increasing the water holding capacity and providing a density in the relevant area. As a result, the skin gets a healthier form, providing a younger appearance.
What Does Hyaluronic Acid Do? What is the benefit?
Hyaluronic acid that is already present in our body has many benefits. Hyaluronic acid is a type of polymer with a binding function. The most important feature of this acid is that it offers an intense moisturizing effect. Other benefits can be listed as follows:
- Moisturizes the skin from the inside by carrying water
- Protects the skin’s elastic structure and provides a soft structure
- Allows joints to move more freely
- Contributes to the regeneration of tissues as it carries water to the cells
- It is used in the treatment of reflux and similar stomach problems
- It is used in the treatment of surface friction and dryness in the eye springs as a result of wearing lenses
- Protects against skin-damaging bacteria by creating an antioxidant effect
- Thanks to its antibacterial structure, it is used in the faster healing of wounds in the body, in the treatment of acne, acne and skin blemishes
- Offers bright, smooth, and healthy skin
- Increases cell renewal rate, which decreases with age
Who Can Have Filling Applications?
These practices are divided into types according to specific parts of the body. The filling application of each area may differ.
- To remove forehead wrinkles, local anesthetic cream is applied to the patient. Then, hyaluronic acid is injected under the lines or into the wrinkled area.
- For the loss of under-eye bags, hyaluronic acid-based light filling is used to lose the bags and dark circles under the eyes of the person.
- To embody the cheekbones and fill the cheeks in this operation, which is performed to transform the face into a rectangular structure over time, the upper part of the face gets wider and the cheekbones are more pronounced and turned outward.
- In the elimination of pits and fine lines around the nose and mouth: Thanks to the Nasolabial Filling, the old and tired expression on the face is eliminated.
- For lip volumising: Hyaluronic acid is injected into the corners of the lips to prevent lip wrinkles and discoloration, so the lips are lifted higher, gaining volume and color.
- To have an elastic and stylish chin: In this method, also known as Jawline Filling, the loss of elasticity experienced in the chin, jowl and neck area as a result of aging is restored.
How Long Does the Filling Application Take?
Filling applications take between 15 and 30 minutes. The patient can return to their normal life immediately after the operation. It is normal to experience mild redness and swelling at the injection site. This situation will completely pass within 1-2 days.
The permanence of the filler lasts up to 9-18 months, depending on the person’s skin structure and the quality of the treatment.